KAAZ produces two configuration types commonly classified as 1.5 way or a 2 way. This designation reflects the design of the cam groove which enables the LSD to function differently under acceleration/deceleration loads. The 2 way is constructed in a way to have positive lock motion in both acceleration and deceleration mode, the 1.5 way functions similar to a 2 way under acceleration however provides less lock-up when decelerating. The 1.5 way may provide more forgiving balance depending on vehicle setup and driver skill when braking is compared to a 2 way setup. For Front Wheel Drive vehicles the 1.5 way is also very effective providing extra stability during braking.
Typically the 1.5 way differential is suitable for all types of motorsports driving. With optimized performance during acceleration it carries a lighter lockup on deceleration which is best suited for traditional road racers. Despite the fact that 1.5 way units have slighter lock up on deceleration, many users may still use this cam type for aggressive motorsports such like drifting or low gear auto crossing & gymkhana.
Kaaz Limited Slip Differential (LSD) is the choice differential for drifting, road racing, autocross/gymkhana, drag racing, spirited driving, and any other forms of motorsport. Kaaz LSDs react fast without fail to provide much needed traction to the wheels when cornering and accelerating. Kaaz Differentials are designed w/ the largest and most number of friction plates to increase drivetrain response and reliability under harsh driving conditions.
With Kaaz Limited Slip Differentials, you get the following advantages:
- Kaaz LSD will work when the slightest torque is applied inceasing drivetrain feedback.
- Better transfer of power from the engine to the drivedrain with minimal loss of power.
- Plate Abrasions are reduced by spreading power to more surface area on the bigger plates.
- Increased number of friction plates to greatly improve abrasion efficiency and heat capacities.
- All parts on the LSD have been made larger, so the overall strength of the main body is increased.