AMS Performance Alpha 102mm Titanium Exhaust for Nissan GTR R35 VR38
On turbocharged vehicles removing exhaust back pressure is crucial to improving the flow and response characteristics of the turbos themselves. The Alpha 102mm Titanium Exhaust is one of the largest units available on the market because it combines the mid pipe (Y-pipe) with the rear exhaust section which allows us to create a much larger than standard system. Where most systems implement 90mm pipes, we offer a larger 102mm primary pipe to optimize exhaust gas flow. This reduces turbulence and unwanted back pressure – freeing up horsepower and improving turbo response. Whether you enjoy the drag strip, circuit racing, or even just normal street driving, the Alpha 102mm Ti Exhaust will help boost your GTR’s maximum power output no matter the mode of operation.
- Adds an exotic tone to your GTR’s exhaust note
- Less than half the weight compared to stock
- Motorsport grade titanium material throughout
- Massive 28% increase in cross sectional area over 90mm systems
- Drastically increased exhaust flow over standard 90mm systems
- Added exhaust flow means more horsepower capability
- V-band clamp design for trouble free operation
- Direct bolt-in for easy install and includes all necessary hardware
Replace the Heavy and Bulky Stock Unit with a Motorsport Quality Upgrade
With the factory exhaust components weighing in at over 63 lbs it’s not hard to see how improvements can be made with a lightweight titanium exhaust. Weighing in at approximately 30lbs assembled, the Alpha 102mm Titanium Exhaust is less than half the weight of a factory exhaust. It’s even drastically lighter than the 57 lb partially titanium Nismo exhaust. The Alpha 102mm is fully titanium – the piping, mufflers, tips, and even the flanges are 100% titanium.
While the Alpha 102mm Titanium Exhaust does reduce weight drastically over the factory unit, sacrifices to fitment and usability have not been made. The Alpha 102mm still incorporates all 5 mounting points that are available, where many aftermarket systems only utilize 3 of these points. This gives additional stability and distributes stresses evenly throughout the exhaust, greatly reducing the likelihood of bending or breaking exhaust hangers. Also incorporated are hybrid titanium and stainless steel flex sections on the mid pipe. This hybrid construction allows us to take advantage of the flexible properties of steel while still keeping the system as lightweight as possible via titanium construction. This gives additional flexibility during normal engine movement to minimize stress on the exhaust piping, greatly reducing the likelihood of breaking or cracking exhaust welds.
Increased Size for Maximum Horsepower on your GTR
By adding 28% cross sectional area over a standard 90mm pipe, the 102mm improves the exhaust gas flow efficiency drastically. In our experience we have seen as much as a 100 hp increase for high horsepower GTRs that make the switch from a restrictive 90mm to a 102mm system. Adding to the systems efficiency, the number of “pie cuts” (the segmented pieces of pipe welded together to form a bend) have been reduced to produce the least amount of internal flow turbulence as possible.
The Alpha 102mm Titanium Exhaust is not exclusively designed for maximum flow, as it also incorporates twin 11.75″ mufflers which help to keep the exhaust tone in check. Multiple muffler designs were tested during the R&D process and ultimately these were selected as they had the most pleasing sound and best flow rate. These mufflers focus on removing the shrill high-pitched resonances that unmuffled or straight piped exhausts tend to have.
- Titanium 102mm Exhaust w/ 5″ Titanium Blue Tips
- Titanium 102mm Mid Pipe w/ Dual Flex Sections
- V-Band Clamps and Associated Hardware
- 2009-2011 (CBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- 2012-2016 (DBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- 2017-Current (EBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- Fits all USDM, JDM, Gulf, and European Models (LHD & RHD)
- Be sure to wear gloves when handling titanium material to avoid permanent marking