Alpha Performance R35 GT-R Front Mount Intercooler
The Alpha R35 GT-R Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) is one of the best performing and best looking intercooler upgrades you can buy for the Nissan GT-R and it has numerous 9 second time slips to back it up. This is the same durable, race-proven front mount intercooler used on our Alpha 9 GT-R package and is most effective for GT-Rs producing up to 1000HP. This direct bolt-on intercooler has over 75% more internal flow area than its stock counterpart, works with stock piping and does not require any cutting or trimming! This intercooler bolts on so nice and clean you would swear it was an OEM Nissan piece!!
Engineered to be the best
The Alpha GT-R Intercooler features cast aluminum end tanks for added durability with extremely smooth features and geometry. Designed by our engineering team using Solidworks 3D CAD software, these A356 T6 aluminum end tanks have improved flow over sheet metal end tanks and include integrated OEM location mounting points for ease of installation. Custom, precisely molded, silicone couplers provide perfect fitmentandare included to optimize airflow volume and velocity as they feed through the larger 3” inlet and outlet ports.
Let the competition know you mean business!
Another design feature of our intercooler is one piece construction, which offers greater efficiency than the stock-style two piece designs found with some of the competition. In addition, our one piece design is more aesthetically pleasing and incorporates the infamous AMS logo on the front of your supercar - showing the world that stock is boring!
Our motto says it all; Quality, Integrity, Results.
AMS goes beyond our competition to ensure quality; each Alpha Intercooler is hand TIG welded in a jig for a perfect fit and pressure tested to 50 psi to ensure maximum performance. These are details often overlooked by the competition.
We tested many intercooler cores to find the best performing unit available. Over the past 11 years AMS has tested just about every core available to source the best core for our kits. The R35 GT-R intercooler is no exception as this core is produced by the same company used for our world record holding 1400HP drag car and our multi-championship winning time attack race team.
- Direct bolt-on requires NO cutting or trimming
- 75% more internal flow area than stock
- One piece construction looks and functions better than the competition's two piece configuration
- Smooth flowing cast end tanks allow for better airflow over the competition's sheet metal units
- 3” inlet and outlet ports
- Precisely molded silicone couplers to optimize airflow volume, velocity and fitment
- Will bolt up to stock piping or most aftermarket pipe kits that are designed for the stock intercooler
- Bar and plate intercooler core, the best performing on the market!
- OEM-like fit and finish
- All AMS intercoolers are pressure tested after assembly to 50 psi
- Front Mount Intercooler
- Custom molded silicone couplers
- Hose clamps
- Intercooler core dimensions: 9” tall, 22” wide and 4” thick
- Optimal for GT-Rs up to 1000HP
- Comes with black “AMS” painted logo
- 2009 and newer Nissan R35 GT-R