The Soul Performance Universal O2 Spacer assists in reducing the likelihood of a check engine light / CEL when running aftermarket components that remove the factory catalysts.
Altering the factory catalysts will often lead to a check engine light as the emissions systems are no longer running as designed. Modern cars rely on two O2 sensors per bank, the primary sensor is before the catalytic converter and monitors the chemical makeup of the exhaust gases before they have been catalyzed (your Air-Fuel ratios). The secondary O2 sensor is after the catalytic converter. It measures the makeup of the exhaust gases after they have been catalyzed and reports the information back to the ECU. The ECU will then compare the readings to determine if the catalytic converter is working properly. By using the Soul Performance Products Universal O2 Sensor Spacer, you are achieving two things. First, you are moving the O2 sensor out of the direct stream of gases which will help restore the balance expected from the ECU. Second, by having an adjustable exhaust gas channel, you can adjust how much gases are reaching the sensor, allowing you to fine tune the setup, and ensure your CEL does not show. We have used these on many cars to eliminate check engine lights after the installation of catless headers.
- Minimizes the chances of a check engine light
- Two piece design allows you to adjust fitment for your application
- Direct install with no modifications needed on most cars
- Dimensions: 3 3/4″ L x 1 1/2″ W x 1 1/2″ H
- 1″ depth of threads on fittings to allow for adjustments
- All Soul Performance Products are backed by a Lifetime Warranty for both street and track use
- Fitment is UNIVERSAL – please check for available space for installation prior to purchasing
- For use ONLY in the Secondary (post cat, downstream) O2 sensor
- Emissions compliance not guaranteed