Reduce Wheel Hop and Tire Slip
Alpha Performance developed the Alpha Performance R35 GT-R 15” Drag Wheel & Radial Package to be a much better solution than any other drag radial or street tire option previously available. By incorporating a stickier compound drag radial to your GT-R’s setup and shorter 15” wheel diameter, traction improves tremendously when launching on an un-prepped surface. The taller, more flexible side walls provide additional bite – reducing tire slip as energy is transferred to the pavement. In addition, wheel hop is notably reduced when compared to the standard size 20” wheels and street tires. This makes it the ultimate DOT compliant GT-R drag wheel and tire combo for use on the street.
Save Your Prized Transmission From Wear & Tear
By reducing wheel hop, you are also reducing stress exerted on your transmission and other drivetrain components. When the high level of power and torque from your GT-R is being applied to the ground during a full out launch, wheel hop often occurs. When this violent shaking occurs it wreaks havoc on your $20,000+ GR6 transmission! In addition, it subjects your axles, differentials and other drivetrain components to abuse – all of which can be reduced with our Alpha Drag Wheel & Radial Package.
Substantially Reduce Rotating Mass
Each wheel & tire of this package weighs in at 52lbs! When compared to the average stock wheel & tire combo, you are shedding over 10lbs of rotating mass per corner. This is important because the less mass the engine and drivetrain have to move, the better the acceleration and low-end power - not to mention less chance for drivetrain breakage.
One of the Most Important Investments You Can Make
Considering all the advantages this wheel and tire combo offers, most racers would agree, it’s an upgrade that shouldn’t be overlooked when making higher-than-stock horsepower and torque on both un-prepped and prepared drag strip surfaces alike. The result you get with the Alpha Performance R35 GT-R 15” Drag Wheel & Radial Package is improved 60ft times as well as more complete contact with the ground during launch and in between shifts. Ultimately, you will improve acceleration and braking, consistently lower ET’s and increase trap speeds when compared to a street tire.
Tested on the World’s Quickest & Fastest GT-R – Alpha Omega
This 15” wheel & drag radial tire package is the exact one used on our Alpha Omega GT-R when it won the King of the Streets competition at the 2014 Texas Speed Syndicate Invitational. Traction was of no issue on the un-prepped surface of the runway. Omega was able to beat out 42 of the fastest street cars in the U.S. and was crowned King of the Streets!
- 15” Aluminum 3 Piece (Available in 15x10” or 15x11”)
- 325 Series Race Compound Drag Radial
- Embossed Alpha Logo Spoke
- Optional Black or Custom Colors Available
- Reduce wheel hop
- Reduce or eliminate tire spin
- Reduce rotating mass per wheel/tire by 10lbs (compared to stock wheel/tire)
- Improved acceleration and braking performance
- Eliminate excessive wear and tear on your drivetrain
- REQUIRES: Alpha Performance GT-R 15” Rear Knuckle Conversion Kit and Boost Logic GT-R Drag Racing Brake Kit and SPL Rear Camber Links.
- NOT FOR USE WITH REGULAR RADIAL TIRES IN FRONT. A low profile high performance street radial has very quick steering response, this is a really bad combination with the soft wall bias ply tires in back. Use only soft compound Drag Radial in the front when running rear slicks.
- THIS IS FOR TWO REAR WHEELS AND TIRES ONLY, FRONT WHEELS ARE NOT INCLUDED